ANIMAL JUSTICE ACADEMY LUNCHTIME LIVE VIA ZOOM:
Dealing with the Challenges of Being an Animal Advocate
Coaching Hour with Kimberly Carroll
Being an animal advocate can be so rewarding, but it can also be overwhelming, infuriating, and heart-breaking.
In this Lunchtime Live, Animal Justice Academy Director Kimberly Carroll helps you work through some of these challenges – whether it be compassion fatigue, dealing with conflict, productivity challenges, or burnout.
As a coach for changemakers for 13 years and a long-time activist, Kimberly’s developed many tools and approaches to help keep animal advocates healthy, empowered, and effective.
She’ll be available to coach you through some of the challenges you’ve been experiencing as someone who cares about animals in this world, and help you with the tools and mindset shifts for staying centered and resilient.
Folks attending live on Zoom will have the option of un-muting and talking things through with her in real-time or just asking their question in the chat. Or here’s a Google doc for you to submit a question in advance — either anonymously or with your name.
Examples of topics you might bring to the table:
- how to deal with the pain of being exposed to animal cruelty
- feeling too overwhelmed or scattered in your work for animals
- Troubles with family or friends around your veganism
- the guilt you experience when trying to take care of yourself
- stressful social media exchanges
- what to do with the judgement or anger you’re feeling
- how to balance speaking out for animals without scaring people away