Petition to the Government of Canada
- Animals in puppy mills are kept in cramped, filthy conditions with no opportunity for exercise, socialisation or veterinary care;
- The living conditions for animals in a puppy mill include tiny wire or wooden cages, old tractor cabs, and the mother dogs being chained to trees;
- Mother dogs are repeatedly bred, spend their whole lives in these appalling living conditions and often suffer with debilitating eye, skin, ear, foot and other diseases;
- When mother dogs are unable to breed anymore they are discarded, and more than often killed; and
- Inbreeding is common in puppy mills, and the puppies are often sick and suffer with horrific genetic disorders.
We, the undersigned, Citizens of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to ban the operation of puppy mills in the entire country.
Click the button below to go to the petition:
From Parliament of Canada, Petition: